Friday, May 8, 2009

A Harsh Realization

I've come to a harsh realization today on my 29th birthday. I am a loser. I've tried to deny it for a long time, but today smacked me in the face. Here were my options available to me on my special day...

1. Go out to eat with my parents and grandma, but not for my birthday, for Mother's Day.
2. Hang out with my friend and his wife and kids. No different than any other weekend.
3. Drive 2 1/2 hours to Brodhead, WI and watch Left of Reason practice. I'd be sitting by myself, watching the band enjoy themselves.
4. ______ by myself. Options include bar hopping, going to a movie, going on a bike ride, etc. Lots of options. I just have to do them all alone.
5. Go to work even though I had the day off.
6. Sit at home, order a pizza, and play video games alone.

I choose option 6. At least this way I can spend time with the only person that truly cares about my birthday...me. Even if that person is a loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment