Friday, May 15, 2009

Random Thoughts After Another Crappy Work Week

I had an interesting week of work. It was generally slow, but the customers still had some "interesting" questions. This was an actual conversation I had with an account holder...
"What is your account number?"
"I don't have it."
"I'm sorry, but I cannot change your address without your account number."
"I have the account number. Why didn't you just say that?"
Are you fucking kidding me? And that was one of the mellower conversations. I guess it takes all kinds. But why do I have to get the crazy ones?...

I was annoyed that the Brewers game was rained out tonight. I was hoping to catch the last few innings. It is a BIG series against the Cardinals this weekend. I know it's early, but first place is on the line. I still get to watch Saturday and Sunday though, if the rain stays away...

I was surprised that the Brewers brought up Mat Gamel already. Was it necessary to dump Brad Nelson? Yes, especially after starting 0-21 at the plate with 9 strikeouts. He seemed like a nice guy and I wish him the best. However, all the "experts" said that the reason Nelson, McGehee, and Duffy struggled as pinch hitters was because they're young and need consistent at bats. So how will sporadic playing time affect Gamel? General Manger Doug Melvin is usually right, but I question this move. Maybe Gamel is just keeping the bench warm until Catalanotto is ready. One can hope...

Question: What do you get when you cross X-Men Origins: Wolverine and the Marcus Theaters gift card that is burning a hole in my pocket? Answer: Sunday...

Awhile back, I wrote a post about my investment in AIG. My wish almost came true. AIG hit $2.00, but I did not have the balls to pull the trigger and sell. If I would have sold at $2 and bought back in at $1.65 three days later, I could have pocketed an extra $644. Now that AIG has climbed back up, I'd either have that $644 in my pocket or 390 more shares. FUCK! The stock market is a malicious bitch, isn't it?...

Well, that's all folks. Time to watch the season finale of Numb3rs.

No comments:

Post a Comment