Monday, May 4, 2009

Movie Mondays - Fight Club Edition


I am ashamed to admit this, but I tried to watch "Fight Club" a few times but could never pull the trigger. The first attempt was after already watching two movies in Jeff's basement. I was so tired; I passed out during the previews. The other times I tried, I could not watch it because MML bought the DVD for my birthday. (If you read my earlier post about MML and The Home Depot, you understand why.)

But I guess spite beats hate because the first time I watched “Fight Club” I did not want to watch it, but did so out of spite. My former roommate Jacque wanted to watch a movie, but not "Fight Club" so I put it in so she would leave. And she did. I'm glad I did, though. It was an amazing two hours. Life-altering would be a better description.

Normally, I’d give brief description of the movie, but you need to see it to believe it.

After the movie, I remember chain-smoking in my garage with my other roommate Matt. I was having an out-of-body-like experience. My mind was blown! I just kept repeating, “Wow.” I have not been able to watch it since. I do not want to ruin that experience. And even though I have only watched “Fight Club” once, it is securely in my top 5 favorite movies of all-time if not number one.

No comments:

Post a Comment